As temperatures are expected to drop for the remainder of the week, please see a list of helpful tips and preventative measures to prevent frozen pipes below.
- Make sure thermostats are set no lower than 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open cabinet doors under sinks and in utility storage closets to allow heat from you unit to circulate around your water pipes and hot-water heater.
- Allow a slow trickle of both Hot and Cold water to drip overnight; however, be careful not to run the water so the sink overflows.
- Insulate all exposed pipes in unheated areas or against un-insulated exterior walls, such as in garages, utility closets, basements, crawl spaces, etc.
- If you plan on being out of town during the Holidays, please have someone check your home to ensure your heat is working properly.
From all of the New Town General Assembly Staff, have a warm and safe Holiday season!!!