Below are a few tips to help avoid frozen pipes during this extreme cold weather:
- Let faucets drip on hot and cold sides to keep the water in the pipes moving.
- Open the cabinet doors below the sinks in both kitchens and bathrooms to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. (Be sure to move any cleaners and/or household chemicals out of the reach of children!)
- Keep the garage doors closed if there are water line in the garage.
- Keep the thermostat set above 55 degrees especially if you will be going out of town.
- Disconnect the garden hose from the outside faucet – even if it is freeze proof.